Tuesday, January 13, 2009

self absorption studies


So I said come I'll show you my staples.I took the girls into the bathroom to look at the blood crusted metal. I was a star.

Of course I had my zebra sweatshirt on. We were getting ready to drive home and leave grandma in Little Rock. I was feeling sick, just worried about the trip home.
I looked bad.
I remember having the snap shot made at the kitchen table with my mom in her borrowed floral robe. My friendship pin gleaming.
I almost got sick.
Then we drove and when we stopped for gas at the station, I had a hard time moving.

Foggy voices telling me to come out
telling me to "squeeze my thumb"
"come on you can-oh goodness you're strong"

Ice chips followed...

1 comment:

Heaton said...

photographs always make me wonder if the person in them still exists..
in that instant.