Monday, March 2, 2009

White Chalk

Today I clean and gather up the 15 pieces of "Selective Evidence" for my next solo exhibition at the DDP gallery in Fayetteville Arkansas. After I take the work over there today, this evening I will move two easels, two light stands, my paint stand, my cubby (where I keep my supplies in order) and I will to the best of my ability recreate my studio in the galleries space. It is all about stories; people love stories. They want to see the tools, the paint splattered, they want to see into the little window of my soul. They want to see that place where they usually are not allowed. Step into the process. From then on when they see my paintings they will remember my paint encrusted easel, the brand of oil paint I use, the blotter paper scattered on the floor, the music that is always in the air. They will have a picture and a story. I hope they take paintings home too.

There will be pictures of course later. Practicalities.
Pieces of Evidence scattered across the ether, because you need a story too.

No comments: